National Blood Donor Month culminates with a blood drive at Pier 14 Shopping Centre on Friday.
This year’s theme is “Every Blood Donor is a Hero” and the final drive aims to collect at least 50 units of blood for the South African National Blood Service.
“This special drive concludes a very successful month and allows the public to become a hero to someone and discover the hero within themselves by donating a unit of blood,” says SANBS’s PR practitioner Nina van Wyk.
The blood drive will take place from 10am to 5pm in the Pep promotional court.
Potential donors must be between the ages of 16 and 65, weigh 50kg or more, lead a sexually safe and healthy lifestyle and have had a good meal at least four hours before donating.
Umhlobo Wenene FM will be broadcasting live from the centre between 12pm and 3pm and will keep the public informed with regular updates.
For more information, contact Pier 14 centre management on 041 484 1229, email firstname.lastname@example.org
No of Images Uploaded: One
To gain access to One image/s please Like, Tweet or +1 this article:
Umhlobo Wenene FM’s DJ Lulu (front) will join the South African National Blood Service’s local head of marketing Elize van Zyl and donor educator Msimelelo Lose at the final blood drive for National Blood Donor Month at Pier 14 Shopping Centre on Friday. Photographer – Photo: Supplied
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- A Play in Hindi - December 8, 2013
- The Face of the Nation composed of 10 000 Images - December 6, 2013
- LAUNCH OF ONLINE ESTATE AGENCY EAGENT AN EXCITING DEVELOPMENT FOR SOUTH AFRICAN PROPERTY MARKET - December 6, 2013
- Small security companies get an opportunity to join December gold-rush - December 6, 2013
- Close on R60 000 raised at Rainbow Academy fundraiser - December 5, 2013