When a new business is experiencing growth, there comes a time where every business owner has to consider investing in the further education and training of their staff. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
When you see your revenues beginning to stagnate, the first thing you need to do is analyze where you can optimize your current systems and more often than not, your employees are where the biggest improvements can be made.
There is a variety of reasons for this, most commonly, as you begin to grow, new responsibilities are placed on your staff, as well as the need for more advanced operations and systems to be put in place.
There may also be an increase in workload which can add additional stress to the work environment.
If not addressed correctly, this can lead to an array of unnecessary challenges for your business. Such as projects not getting completed on time and costly mistakes that could have been avoided had your employees known the correct actions to take or had the right risk management procedures in place.
The best way to prevent this from happening is by investing into the further education of your employees. Not only is it extremely beneficial from an ROI perspective, but corporate training also has significant tax benefits for businesses in South Africa.
It has been proven time and again that sending your staff for specialized training can be the single biggest return on investment that you can make in your business.
By utilizing a corporate training company, you can help them to become more effective, more productive and also teach your staff to look at specific challenges from a new perspective.
Instead of losing valuable employees, you can rather help them to develop their skills and learn as your business grows. Here are some of the following courses which can help your employees become better:
- Conflict management and negotiation skills: Learning how to deal with conflict is not only important in the workforce but also in day to day life. By teaching your employees to utilize conflict management and negotiation techniques, they will be happier at work and perform better as part of a team.
- Emotional intelligence and personal mastery: Being able to control your emotions will serve to make more rational decisions and allow people to work better under pressure. You can help your staff to better understand their emotions and be less reactive towards them.
- Call center and customer service skills: The most important person in any business is the customer. Great customer experience can be the difference which makes someone use your business again in the future. By teaching your employees professional customer service they will be more prepared to handle any situation with an unhappy client/customer.
- Labour relations and effective discipline: Effective discipline in the workplace is essential for any established business. Many companies have received costly compensation orders for failing to comply with government legislation regarding discipline matters. This course will help you to better understand and also the most effective methods to approach discipline with employees.
- Management and leadership development: Making sure that your managers are performing and are able to lead others is crucial for any businesses success. There are many different types of management programs we offer such as the Supervisory Management short course, the Management Development Programme, the Management L5 learnership, the Management L4 learnership, the Project Management L5 learnership and Risk Management courses to name a few.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from enrolling staff in training courses:
- Increased job satisfaction, motivation and productivity
- Reduced employee turnover rates
- Improved processes making daily tasks more efficient, resulting in financial gain
- A better capacity for staff to adopt new technologies and methods
- Increased innovation in strategies and ideas
- Enhanced company image and improved moral ethics in the workplace
Imsimbi Training is a verified Level 1 Contributor BBBEE company and is also a fully accredited training provider with the Services Seta. We are known as one of the leading corporate training companies in South Africa. Imsimbi has over 80 accredited courses and has trained more than 50,000 delegates since our commencement in 2006.