“With so many competitors in the market, and so much travel information available to us all in this digital age, I want to cut through the clutter and give you some really helpful information about bookings, ticket prices, and airports,” says Benediction Zubane, head of Marketing at Mango.
Mango’s 10 tips are:
1. The more flexible you are the more likely you are to secure a rock-bottom airfare. Booking as far in advance will secure the best-priced seats for you and your family. This means if you can fly out first thing in the morning, or last flight out, there is probably a bargain waiting just for you. The extra money you save can be put toward spending on those little extras that we all tend to forget about in our holiday budget. You know, like the ice-cream you just have to have, to cool off after a hot day on the beach.
2. Normally, booking a package deal, which includes either a car hire or a hotel – or both, can work out cheaper than trying to book all three separately. We have negotiated awesome deals with Car hire companies, and hotel partners that we package for various budgets. We’re all different, so it means we all need different holiday options.
3. If you are wanting to travel outside our boarders, why not consider Zanzibar. This magnificent island off Tanzania is the perfect destination for a ‘baby-moon’, or a honeymoon, we don’t mind which comes first! Those azure beaches and perfect temperatures all year round make for a one-in-a-million vacation.
Mango has great packages to Zanzibar, and if you can fly out of school holiday season, you can generally get a great rate.
4. For Zanzibar you need a passport, and these days you can get it at most banks. Now that’s the best tip you’ll get, because it means no more long queues at Home Affairs (HA)! But if you your bank does not have this facility, then while you are queuing at HA, then connect with us on our social media platforms. We have over 1million followers on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and we hope you’re one of those. We promise our content is lots of fun, and all our special discounted airfares are posted there too.
5. Talking digital – our Mango App is perfect for our online audience. We also have a new interactive website launching soon, and we’re making chatting with us as easy as possible.
6. When it comes to the day of your flight, always arrive ahead of time at the airport for check-in, once the check-in counter is closed (despite your aircraft not yet departing) you will not be allowed to board. Yes it sounds like it sucks – but if you are on-board and ready to depart, you certainly don’t want to be delayed because someone hasn’t managed to get to the airport on-time. Like most airlines, we strive to depart on time for the happiness of our important flyers.
7. We are one of the few low-cost airlines that give you free 20kgs, try not to exceed that amount, as there are surcharges over 20kgs.
8. If you are Jozi-based, then consider Lanseria airport as a good alternative to OR Tambo. It is a much accessible, convenient airport and a lot easier to navigate, we have 80 flights out of Lanseria a week.
9. Finally, if you are flying – you have to produce an ID. Again, this is possible to get at a bank these days, and remember our friendly check-in team will have to deny you boarding without some form of ID. Believe me, we will be as unhappy as you, if that happens, because all we live to do is get you happily to your destination.
10. If you’re in your Golden Years, we have special discounts for our Senior Citizens who travel on certain days. These do have T&Cs but generally apply on selected flights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.
From all the wonderful team members at Mango, we wish you a happy holiday season, and we hope that you are flying to your own paradise with us. We look forward to welcoming you on-board,” concludes Zubane.