Directions Magazine is the industry’s oldest and most respected source of geospatial information technology news and commentary. Our readers are interested in solving problems using geospatial technologies including GIS, GPS, location-based services, remote sensing and related technologies. They expect to gain an “inside edge” from the information they access on our site, so before submitting your article, please ask yourself:
- Will it ENGAGE geospatial professionals and entrepreneurs?
- Will it INFORM them about technologies and trends that will help them overcome business challenges or give them a competitive advantage?
- Will it INSPIRE implementation, new directions or new discussion in the industry?
We welcome articles that ENGAGE, INFORM and INSPIRE in these forms:
- News coverage of developments in geospatial information technology, industry trends and events
- State of the art articles that review a technology or business area and its current state, including major players, products and challenges
- Solution articles or case studies that illustrate how a challenge was overcome by geospatial technologies, with an emphasis on the bottom-line impact of the implementation. The article should define the challenge, include details of how it was resolved, discuss why and how the technology was chosen and applied, and if possible, include relevant personnel and training issues and lessons learned.
- Guest editorials that take a stand on policy or other issues related to geospatial technology
- Reviews that evaluate new products or services in an unbiased way. Reviews should examine technical issues related to hardware, software and data; the features and benefits provided; the system requirements; the intended market and whether or not it meets that market’s needs; how well it performs its claimed capabilities; how easy or difficult it is to implement, learn and use; what training is needed, and what types of training are available; how it compares to similar products; its cost, and suggestions for ways the product or service could be improved.
- Interviews with industry leaders, influencers and trendsetters on their missions, visions, and impact; industry trends; future projections and issues of concern.
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Directions Magazine