Following SAIBAs winning bid to host the 46th annual CFO World Congress in Cape Town for leading global accounting body, IAFEI (International Association for Financial Executives Institutes) in 2016, the association has called on SAIBA members to share their expertise with financial leaders across the globe.
Business accountants and professionals who hold a SAIBA designation are urged to submit articles on top-of-mind subject matters currently affecting the financial community for the IAFEI Quarterly’s publication. By further strengthening SAIBAs recent Africa Area Presidency among IAFEIs 20 member institutes, contributors whose articles have been selected for placement will enjoy exposure to more than 12 000 financial executives worldwide in the Quarterly’s 36th issue. The submission deadline for articles is Friday 13 April.
The Quarterly is IAFEIs official digital publication that provides thought leadership and insights by individuals from member institutes. In successfully hosting the CFO World Congress in Africa, a first for any South African accounting body, SAIBA secured the Area Presidency for IAFEI in Africa, under the leadership of SAIBA CEO, Nicolaas van Wyk. This is the first time SAIBA members are called for their input for the IAFEI Quarterly.
The IAFEI Quarterly features current issues impacting the world’s financial executives. It’s content also discusses different regions’ economic status quo and is shared with IAFEIs worldwide database. The articles published in each issue reaches CFOs and senior financial executives who also serve on IAFEIs committees (Financial Reporting Standards, International Treasury, International Tax, International Observatory of Management Controller and Anti-Corruption Committees).
“The publication aims to inform committee members and member institutes of broad-ranging issues including foundational principals such as a CFOs responsibilities, corporate strategy, business mergers, acquisitions to investor relations, creditor relations and press relations”, says Helmut Schnabel, MD at Asecuris Asset Management Advisory GmbH and a member of the Advisory Board at AXA Konzern AG (Germany). Schnabel serves on the IAFEI board of directors and advisory council. “We welcome members’ forward thinking arguments and encourage participants to delve into matters that are much-debated in public”. Another hot topic, now trending in Europe, is the views on protectionism versus world free trade, another spin-off since Donald Trump’s recent presidency.
SAIBA members looking for ideas on content can consider the following topics:
- Leading business concerns
- Financial management techniques
- Financial accounting
- Financial reporting
- Maintaining business enterprises alongside changing conditions
- Policy setting functions
- Finance executives’ individual interests (not company or industry representative)
- IFRS accounting
- Regulatory developments
- Real life business examples
IAFEI article submission guidelines:
What to include:
- Include a succinct and clear headline
- Author name(s) and current designation(s)
- Article topics must be relevant to the scope provided above. Content that is not relevant to the abovementioned will be discarded
- Articles are limited to 1 500 character count. Please attach high-resolution (300 dpi) images, demonstrations and graphs. NB: credit supporting material accordingly. Please note that articles without clear source referencing in the body of the article and end notes will not be accepted.
- Articles will be discarded for basic spelling and grammatical errors. Please ensure you have thoroughly checked the copy before submitting it for review
- You will be notified if your article has been selected for placement. Should you not be notified after 10 April, please deem your submission unsuccesful
- Tip: Support statements and personal references with statistics and direct quotes by accredited experts, and accredit sources accordingly
Submission date: Friday 13 April 2017
IAFEI articles can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before the 13 April submission deadline.