The Roger Good Show assembled for a cold swim obstacle course bold challenge at Stoke city Midrand on the 8th September in support of childhood cancer awareness month. “We braved ourselves through this challenge to help rally awareness and imagine the challenges faced by children with cancer every day, we are doing this for the kids,” shouts Roger as he completes the challenge.
Click links below to see what went down on the day.
You can also take part there’s a number of ways to get involved:
• Buy a gold beaded ribbon from the CHOC online store or our regional offices. Use this to show your support to children with cancer.
• Wear your ribbon with pride throughout the month of September
• Share your photos wearing the ribbon on social media pages
• Make it fun and tag CHOC using the hash tags #BeBoldGoGold #ChildhoodCancer #CHOC #CancerAwarenessMonth (Our Facebook handle is CHOCChildhoodCancerFoundationSA, twitter is @ CHOCfoundation, Instagram is @ CHOCfoundationsa)
• Get crazily fun and out of your comfort zone and let us know on Facebook: CHOCChildhoodCancerFoundationSA, twitter is @ CHOCfoundation, Instagram is @ CHOCfoundationsa)
• Do something adventurous and in the spirit of the CHOC Be Bold challenge – let us know! You could share a brave winter swim, a bumpy roller coaster ride, an excruciating ice bucket challenge or even an unexpected yummy first batch of cupcakes. Challenge your friends and family to take part and spread the word.
• Learn the early warning signs of childhood cancer and share the information with family and friends.
• Support CHOC in spreading the word about childhood cancer symptoms.
Look out for CHOC events cross the South Africa national footprint in the month of September. For more information on the events, click here