Vivaldi 2.6 offers a handful of new features focusing on its two hallmarks – privacy and customization. The new update brings in improved security by blocking advertisements on sites with abusive ad practices. There are new ways to navigate quicker, customize user profiles along with overall improvements that add more flexibility to Vivaldi’s intuitive user interface.
Browse safe with no abusive ads: Vivaldi adds a new functionality to block adverts that use abusive technologies and are designed to be misleading. The Abusive ad-blocker functionality stops ads from sites that are causing problems to the users, such as pop-ups that prevent them from leaving the site. The Abusive ad-blocker gives the browser access to a blocklist that has been enabled by default and can be turned off in the “Privacy” section of Vivaldi Settings. This feature is an addition to Vivaldi’s wide range of privacy settings.
Vivaldi now implements this blocklist that is hosted on its end-to-end encrypted servers. It is then updated from the server automatically by the browser, and applied to intrusive websites without needing to contact the server each time
“We try to keep our users safe and will look at more options to protect them”, says Vivaldi CEO, Jon von Tetzchner. “The way we’ve implemented this functionality is an interesting step in the direction of relying less on third-party services.”
More personality to User Profiles: Users can create multiple “users” without logging into a different operating system user account, or the need to maintain multiple standalone installations of Vivaldi. Now the user can make this process much easier and personal for non-synced profiles by updating the avatars. They can add and delete profiles in the popup and edit them.
More in Vivaldi 2.6:
– Scrolling through a long list to find saved passwords? Now users can easily find their saved passwords by filtering either through account names or websites.
– When a link is opened on in a background tab, users will be notified in the Window Panel if it is unread.The unread tab counter tells precisely the number of tabs that still need attention.
– Keyboard lovers can find whatever they are looking for much faster with ‘Find in Page’ via Ctrl+Enter – if the search result is a link, it can be opened instantly using Ctrl+Enter.
– The magnifying glass on the Search Field on the right side of the Address Bar now displays the favicon of the active search engine, helping users to easily identify the search engine.
– Support for headphone devices has been added for the Razer Chroma integration.
There are performance improvements that will appeal to users who work with lots of tabs. There is a marked improvement if a user tiles tabs into split-screen views, or often moves tabs to new windows. Opening, closing and resizing of Panels in the sidebar are now snappier.
For details, contact email@example.com or go to https://vivaldi.com