East London, 1 August 2018: MTV Base (DStv channel 322) and the colourful, fruit-flavoured cooler Breezer, are heading to the coast to bring the much anticipated VJ search to East London. Auditions kick off on Saturday, 4 August 2018 at the East London Golf Club between 09:00 and 16:00.
The crews will be looking for East London’s top two stars, with enough confidence, vibrancy and talent to make it into the top 10. The official after-party to celebrate the East London leg will be held at Buccaneers on Sunday, 5 August, featuring performances by DJ Tira, OkMalumKoolKat, Lerato Kganyago, DJ Anda and many more. As for Johannesburg fans, best you get your skills waxed and gear ready. The MTV Base and Breezer crews will be heading to Soweto’s Zone 6 on the 18th of August for the final round of auditions.
Celebrity judges include Ridiculousness Africa host Thomas Gumede, You Got Got comedic star Tol A$$ Mo and music icon Kelly Khumalo, who will be putting the spotlight on SA’s talent who are bringing their most colourful and vibrant personalities to the fore, in the hopes of becoming the next MTV Base VJ.
With seriously cool prizes up for grabs – a 12-month contract with MTV Base, a vibrant, all expenses paid trip for 2 to Thailand compliments of Breezer, a year supply of fruity Breezers to keep life colourful, and a brand new car – it’s no doubt SA’s talented youth is gearing up for the excitement.
How To Survive The 2018 MTV VJ Search Auditions The Breezer Way
Here’s a list of tips and tricks for contestants to experience the auditions the Breezer way – with a dash of good, crazy fun to make the MTV Base VJ Search even more light, cool and colourful! Breezer’s Survival Guide will help hopefuls kill it, while also enjoying the colourful moments through the day that will add fun to their lives forever.
Breezer Survival Guide:
1. Don’t be late, it’s never a cute look. Audition queues are open from 9:00 but arrive early
2. Know your stuff, be informed and do the research. A little prep will go a long way.
3. Add colour to the contest by making friends along the way with other contestants.
4. Bring a lunch box and some snacks – no one likes a hangry contestant.
5. Bring a friend – actually, bring the entire squad for support. What’s a VJ without a crew?
6. Make sure your outfit is as vibrant as your personality. Your swag is a part of your brand, so show it off.
7. Be prepped to be shook! This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience after all and MTV Base and Breezer are bringing all the fun to the party.
8. Stay easy and focused, but have fun! Smile, remember you’re on camera.
9. Be bright, be colourful, standout and most importantly BE YOURSELF! That’s the person the judges want to see.
10. Capture the special moment – post, share, hashtag, #MTVBaseVJSearch #Breezer #LiveLifeInColour and go crazy on social media.
Commented Sub Saharan Africa Area Director for Bacardi: Breezer, Francois Portier: “We encourage all of South Africa’s talented hopefuls to join the 2018 MTV Base VJ Search; express your talent, your unique colourful-self, and share in the fun with us this year as you show South Africa how to live life in colour!”
Make sure to join the MTV Base queues, show-off your fun side and don’t miss out on a day full of colourful experiences brought to you by Breezer, your ‘good times’ partner.
For more information on MTV Base VJ Search, visit mtvbase.com, like and chat to us on Facebook at MTVBaseAfrica, or join the conversation about the channel on Twitter and Instagram @MTVBaseAfrica using the hashtags #MTVBaseVJSearch #Breezer #LiveLifeInColour
Auditions will be held at these dates and venues:
4 August: East London Golf Club, East London
18 August: Zone 6 Venue, Soweto, Johannesburg
The MTV Base VJ Search is brought to you by Breezer. Live Life in Colour.