But this is a celebration that can feel a little daunting for singles – and quite tiresome for those who don’t do satin hearts, red roses and romance.
At Granny Mouse, we’ve decided to rethink Valentine’s Day and make this celebration of Cupid and all things lovey dovey into a far more inclusive jamboree! Who says that you have to do the romantic dinner for two? Make this an excuse to spoil yourself or spend time with special friends and family.
Situated close to major highways leading form both Durban and Gauteng, Granny Mouse is the perfect place to rebel against all things mushy and twee. Make the road trip part of the fun – play those classic road trip tunes as you head off in a car full of laughter and sing-alongs for an unforgettable getaway in the country.
Here are five great ideas for making V-Day Me Day:
1. Love Yourself: Valentine’s day can be a perfect opportunity for some me time, so take time out to reflect and plan the year ahead. We all need time out from the rat race so make this your excuse to spoil yourself – celebrate quiet time, look at how far you’ve come and where you’re going, count your blessings and work out how you can add some more…. And there’s nothing wrong with buying yourself a special gift en route along the Midlands Meander!
2. Besties: Don’t forget those precious friendships. Have the perfect weekend break at Granny Mouse – whether its bromance or a girls’ weekend away. Make Valentine’s Day your time to recognize and celebrate important relationships and do the things that you enjoy doing the most – together.
3. A Spa Day: Take time out to pamper yourself or team up with your mates for a pamper session. Our spa has a wide selection of different treatments for guys and girls and can really go all out to make this a day to remember.
4. Valentine’s Day in the country: The worst part of Valentine’s Day is all the commercialization. If you don’t fit the stereotype, escape the city and head for the country and spend some time at Granny Mouse. Do all those things that you can’t find time to do – from reading a novel in our beautiful gardens to taking a country stroll or hike or even a relaxing bubble bath – with no-one to disturb you!
5. Dine like royalty: The culinary artists at Granny Mouse create some of the world’s best dishes. Try something new or something that you’d never create in your kitchen at home – and then chat to our experts who can help you to pair these gastronomic masterpieces with wines from our wonderful cellar.
While you’re enjoying your Valentine’s Weekend at Granny Mouse, remember to take plenty of selfies and pics of our beautiful hotel – that way you can post them and tantalize all those back home who are doing the same old tired things … and show them that it’s great to celebrate even if you’re not part of a pair.
So, for more information contact 033 234 4071or go to www.grannymouse.co.za.