‘World Sleep Day 2019: ‘Healthy Sleep, Healthy Aging,’
Vencasa, The World Leaders in Sleep, celebrates World Sleep Day this 15th March 2019. This annual event focuses on one of our most basic needs. Sleep is crucial not only to our basic survival but to our overall health and well-being.
Lack of sleep can lead to numerous long and short-term health problems, this means that the earlier you find the best sleep solution for your life-stage, the better! The ideal sleep solution is a vital investment in you and your family’s lives.
This year, World Sleep Day focuses on healthy sleep and its impact on healthy aging. Dr. Erik St. Louis, Co-Director of the Mayo Centre for Sleep Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota, says, “For most adults, getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep tonight might be the most important thing we can do to improve our future physical and mental health. Recent research has shown the importance of adequate amounts of sleep for brain health,
since during sleep, the brain washes away toxins that can potentially damage the aging brain that accumulates during the day while we’re awake. Sleep also keeps the brain’s wiring and connections healthy and working at their best, especially when learning and remembering new things”.
Good quality sleep contributes to aging well – physically and mentally. Getting good sleep during youth and middle age reduces the risk of obesity and hypertension and even prevents against age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s Disease later in life. Regular sleep has even been attributed to fewer signs of aging in facial skin and better tissue tone. Beauty sleep is not a myth! Emerging evidence also suggests a connection between premature cell aging and poor sleep. Sleep is our time to regenerate and recharge and we need to make the best of this time.
World Sleep Day reminds us to make quality sleep a high priority. Can you afford not to invest in the very best sleep solutions and technology available?
Arianna Huffington, author of The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time confirms, “Sleep is central to every aspect of our mental and physical health, and this is true at every age, from birth onward. The profound importance of sleep in having a healthy, happy
and long life never wanes.”
Vencasa knows that your body, mind and soul deserve quality sleep, and provide a range of exceptional sleep solutions to ensure it. Visit one of Vencasa and Tempur showrooms to experience their sleep “room” for only 10 minutes and they will be able to identify issues and advise you on the best sleep solution for you. Vencasa and Tempur Showrooms have created the perfect balance, where scientific research and product development complement their understanding of the sleep industry, while incorporating genuine care for each person’s individual sleep requirement.
Here are a few “good night, sleep-tight” tips and solutions from Vencasa;
– Sleeping in an elevated position increases circulation and accelerates
– The TEMPUR® FLEX 2000 adjustable bed base is an ideal solution. Our bodies compress during the day, increasing with age due to the forces of gravity.
– The Magniflex MagniStretch mattress helps stretch the spine to decompress and regulates body heat which increase serotonin.
– The Velfont Bamboo Mattress Protector is made from knitted bamboo
fabric to ensure maximum absorbency, softness and freshness.
– Blocking out light and any other disturbances will help you sleep more soundly, allowing the brain to rest, uninterrupted. The TEMPUR sleep mask gently molds to the shape of your face to seal out light and cushion the eye area while you sleep or rest.
– Have a fixed bedtime and waking up time
– Keep your daytime naps to 45 minutes or less
– Avoid excessive alcohol and smoking at least four hours before bedtime – Avoid caffeine, some teas and cold drinks six hours before bedtime
– Avoid heavy, spicy and sugary foods four hours before bedtime
– Exercise regularly
– Use a pressure-relieving quality mattress and pillow
– Keep the room well ventilated and at a comfortable temperature
– Block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible
Medically informed, scientifically sound and aesthetically magnificent, Vencasa brings the ultimate sleep solutions to the market. Providing a variety of premium high quality products with a range of pricing. With a solution for every person on offer, it’s easy to see why Vencasa is the home of perfect sleep. Let Vencasa be your guide this World Sleep Day.
General Facts on World Sleep Day
World Sleep Day is an annual event to raise awareness of sleep disorders and the burden that they place on society, World Sleep Day 2019 will be held on Friday, 15 March 2019. Most sleep disorders are preventable or treatable, yet less than one-third of sufferers seek professional help. Sleep problems constitute a global epidemic that threatens health and quality of life for up to 45% of the world’s population.
Better understanding of sleep conditions and more research into the area will help reduce the burden of sleep disorders on society, Vencasa, TheWorld Leaders in Sleep, know that your body, mind and soul deserve quality sleep, and provide a range of exceptional sleep solutions to ensure it.