Laureus Sport for Good Foundation South Africa is extending its reach even further by expanding their geographical footprint to include the Northern Cape and North West regions. The organisation are calling on all sport development projects in these areas to APPPLY!
For more information and to download the guidelines and application form, refer to: www.laureus.co.za/expression-of-interest
Who should apply?
• Sport for development organisations in the Northern Cape and North West regions.
• An organisation whose clear mission is to tackle a particular social issue(s) relevant to a clearly identified group and/ or their community
• An organisation that uses sport as a tool to achieve that mission in some way
• A program that is unique, innovative, creative and dynamic.
Project Funding Criteria
• The Foundation’s funds are to be used to support and fund the actual project activities, not infrastructure.
• Laureus Sport for Good projects must demonstrate how they are using sport as a conduit for bringing about a measurable social change or impact.
• Each project should create measurements to track their impact on the identified social issue.
• Future funding is subject to the project being evaluated annually based on the objectives set out in their original application.
• The project should not be an event, they need to ideally carry out year – round activities.
• The project should have NPO/PBO/NGO status or should produce proof of an application in process.
• The project should be already operating between 1 and 2 years.
Impact areas supported by Laureus Sport For Good Foundation:
• Good Health and Wellbeing – enhancing wellbeing/encouraging healthy behaviour change
• Quality Education – increased access to and completion of education
• Gender Equality – promoting equality, empowerment and safety
• Reduced inequalities – Reduce inequality within and among countries
• Sustainable Cities and communities – Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
• Peace and Justice – resolving conflict/community peace-building/safe spaces
• Life on land – encouraging conservation efforts by reducing poaching and the trafficking of wildlife
• Decent work and economic growth – developing skills and creating pathways to employment
• The level of funding is dependent on a number of factors, but no more than R400 000.00 is approved to any one project per annum.
• Submissions must be made electronically to email@example.com with the subject line titled: LSFG/Funding application/2017. The applicant must submit a signed PDF of the application form together with a word version (unsigned) containing the same information as the PDF.
Laureus Sport For Good Foundation South Africa uses the power of sport as a tool for social change”. Laureus supports and assists a worldwide programme of sports related community projects that have been working to educate children, protect the vulnerable from illness and even bring people from divided communities together in friendship for over 15 years.